Monday, January 7, 2013

The HWF and CSWA are back!!!! 1.1

Hello Wrestling Fans...The Original Big Daddy Donnie B here. I know it's been awhile since I've posted anything so let me bring you up to date. After my last match with the Undertaker and retaining the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship, I got to thinking. With the help of some die-hard fans (jowsterguy for one), I think I may be ready to get back in the game. For those of you who are new to us, please check out our website at hwfcswafantasy.blogspot.com for details on our past. We were originally created back in the 1980's with matches all detailed on paper, and then moved to the electronic world in the 2000's but I've been doing this game since PWS was oringally released. Because of this, I have been able to report on the dealings and matches within the HWF (Humble Wrestling Federation) and the CSWA (Colorado Springs Wrestling Alliance). As I sit here in my room with all my championship trophies, I started to think that it was time to resurrect my long lost federation(s) and see what we can do to get these guys jobs and bring back entertainment and true wrestling the way it was meant to be done...showcase the talent, inform the public, and add a smidgen of comedy. At the end of last year, I once again reached out to some former partners/wrestlers of the HWF and CSWA - MW3 (aka Jeff Meyers) and the Super Warrior (Wayne Tuttle). We have had discussions about bringing back the federations, who and how they would be managed etc. Both Jeff and Wayne were on board (they made decent money working here) and they and I sat down to discuss the revival of the HWF and CSWA federations. Meyers of course wanted to manage his old fed - the CSWA, but I thought he would be able to lend his talents and drive to the HWF (my original baby). He agreed and the Wayner agreed to manage the CSWA. We all needed to figure out our roles going forward. I have decided to remain as owner of both federations but would have no involvement at all in the managing of either brand (see the issues with the Negronomicon for a better understanding). I agreed to become an active competitor with both Meyers and Tuttle donning the masks again to become their alter-egos. Mr Meyers and Mr Tuttle would be the GM's of their brands and their other selves would wrestle as normal. Next on the agenda is to hire talent. We went to TNA and the WWE to talk to the wrestlers about re-joining our federation (since I don't get ROH or other local venues, I don't include them in the game. In fact, they have to be on the active roster in order to be in this game). With the exception of those who have retired, almost everyone has agreed to come back and we got some new blood also. Everyone we are bringing in has asked for specific contracts (under the Negronomicon's rule, some people didn't get paid and some had to go to the street selling tickets in order to make money). All of the contracts were gathered up and now comes the hard part....who gets to go where. At the end of this month, Wayne, Jeff and I are meeting to discuss and figure out the draft (just so happens to coincide with the Rumble). I will make it a point to send out details once we are up and moving. I expect some house shows will start us off with our first PPV of the year to be the grand-daddy of them all - Wrestlemania in March. Everyone is excited to be back in our squared circle and we all feel the same. There will be some old rivalrys resurrected and some new ones created. We welcome you if you are a new follower and welcome you back if you've been with us before. I look forward to making the HWF and CSWA bigger and better than ever before. Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment