Saturday, October 13, 2012

Has wrestling become too PC?

I was reading online about 2 incidents that have happened in the WWE that I would like to address. First, JBL having to apologize to Carlos Colon, his family and the people of Puerto Rico. He made a comment like any old heel announcer would have done in the past...Jesse Ventura, Bobby Heenan, etc...and he has to apologize for it. Really? He's a bad guy for crying out loud. His job is to put over the talent and he did that for Epico and Primo. Next, Alberto Del Rio tears up a little kids sign and now he's in trouble for it? Again, a bad guy doing heelish things. Back in the 80's my brother and I went to a wrestling event in Houston. Four Horsemen vs some good guys. I ran to the rail as Flair was heading to the ring and yelled that Luger would beat him and take the World title. According to my brother, Flair turned to me and said "Shut your mouth you f@cking f@ggot". My response after stuttering was "uh, same to you". Insulted by one of the best. Did I run and cry about it? (not sure what my brother would say but most likely not). WWE states their shows are entertainment. I can't believe people are so PC that they don't see this. With the exception of the occasional fan taking it to the extreme (It's still real to me dammit), I would like to think we've grown beyond it...or maybe not. I've been chatting with the guy who created (established?) the electronic version of the PWS game and I may be closer to starting up the game again. If I can find the time, I think I may finally be ready to start up again. If John can make an online version work, Jeff and Wayne may finally be able to help me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment