Hello fans and
welcome back to another installment of the HCW Wrestling Newsletter. Tonight, we recap the fanfest that took place
earlier in the day followed by the ceremony honoring tonight’s HOF inductees.
At the fanfest,
the wrestlers were also joined by GM’s Master Bull and Max McGillicutty as well
as J9 and Dash ‘Smooooooth’ Woodbrick.
All staff had nice turnouts at their autograph signings including Dash,
Dr. Red Fang and Apollo Gyze. The most
interesting was Dash Woodbrick. When
someone would approach him for an autograph, he would only do so if they would
sign his petition to get GM Master Bull fired.
As the day wore on, and Dash wasn’t accumulating the signatures he
wanted, he started to make up other reasons for doing the petition that included
“Free drinks at shows”. Until the fans
caught on to what Dash was doing, he started to accumulate a LOT of signatures
(of course under false pretenses) but eventually one smart fan saw what he was
doing and shut it down. It remains to be
seen if Dash got the amount of signatures needed.
Also stirring up
trouble at the fanfest was Tommy Lighting.
At one point, he actually attacked the Anytime / Anywhere champion the
Masked Banana. The 24/7 rule is not in
effect so he can’t win the belt. He then
challenged the Masked Banana to an actual match at the PPV and not the
‘backstage crap”. The Masked Banana
accepted.
After a couple of
hours break, fans and performers funneled into the auditorium for the Hall of
Fame presentation. First, GM Max McGillicutty
came out on the stage and thanked the fans and performers for coming here
tonight to honor tonight’s inductees. He
then had a video play showcasing each inductees best moments in HCW. When it came time to run Magnum Kone’s video,
they of course highlighted the now infamous “Showdown at Fry’s Electronics”
between the King of Cones and the Ragin Cajun Rad Gumbo. After all the videos aired, Max introduces
tonight’s first inductee.
Music hits and out
comes ‘the Ragin Cajun’ Rad Gumbo. Gumbo
gets on the mic and recants the story about his feud with a man he’s honored to
induct tonight. Gumbo says that being
King, a former World Champion and a current US Champion are nothing compared to
the amount of fun he had performing skits with this guy. Gumbo then introduces ‘the King of Cones’
Magnum Kone. Magnum comes out to a
standing ovation from the crowd. The two
men shake hands and embrace. Gumbo
presents Magnum with his ring. Gumbo
steps aside. Magnum moves up to the
mic. “When I was young, my brother and I
would dress as ice cream vendors and would wrestle. We even made up our own titles. Coming to HCW has been a dream come
true. I got some high profile feuds
including with this guy (he points to Rad) and a couple of titles along the
way. I feel that I accomplished so much
in the sport that there wasn’t much more left.
Even when I had my “mental break” and became the despised ‘Covfefe’, it
was all fun and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I want to thank HCW for giving me a chance to
shine. To my family and friends who
supported me and to all the backstage talent – yes, I see you out there Pete
(Pete Punsher the PUN-isher) I appreciate your support. Finally, to the fans of HCW, you booed me or
cheered me on which is what any performer could ever ask for. For that, I say one final ‘Thank You.” Magnum stepped away from the podium and
nodded to the audience one last time before making his way to the back.
Master Bull comes
out next. “Tonight, we honor a man’s
legacy; what he brought to the ring was nothing short of a 10 on the ‘giving it
your all meter’. Tonight, a man whose
career started as part of ‘the Band’, he went on to win the most prestigious
belt in HCW – the World Championship.
Helping me induct him into the 2020 Hall of Fame are his former
bandmates Dirk ‘the Pick’ Devon and Rocky Lapetus.” (aka Wam Bam
Arsonist). Rocky and Dirk came out to
the stage. Rocky started. “The man known as the Axe has been a teammate
and a friend.” Dirk spoke next “He was a
bandmate, tag team partner and the biggest, most agile man to step foot in a
ring. Tonight, we honor…the Axe.” Axe comes out and embraces Dirk, Rocky and
Master Bull. Master Bull presents the
Axe with his ring. Axe begins “A
lifetime of work…how do you sum it up in only a few words? You can’t.
A man’s legacy is what he leaves behind.
I’m a former tag team champion as well as World Champion. The people you fight and the battles you
overcome are what makes you YOU. Even my
last opponent, Jack Lumber, I think the Axe is in good hands as you take HCW
into the future. Everyone I feuded with;
every cheer or boo I ever got, that is what makes us want to do this day in and
out. Love us or hate us, we are here to
perform and this ring shows I excelled at that.
Thank you.” The Axe leaves the
podium and goes to the end of the stage where he calls Jack Lumber over. Jack comes over and the two shake hands. Jack goes to sit back down. Axe joins his bandmates and they with Master
Bull leave the stage.
A voice comes over
the loudspeakers “Our next inductee is honored by a Hall of Fame alum –
Ravishing Raquel”. Raquel comes out to a
pop from the crowd. She goes to stand at
the podium. “I’ve fought during the
wrestling revolution where Women had to transform from eye candy to divas and
to wrestlers. I am honored to have
wrestled (won and lost) to the woman I have the honor of inducting
tonight. Ladies and Gentlemen…Taylor
Bella.” Taylor comes out to a standing
ovation from the crowd. She and Raquel
hug and Raquel presents her with her hall of fame ring. Taylor goes to stand at the podium. “A story has a beginning, a middle and an
end. The story of Taylor Bella doesn’t
end tonight but on Friday when I have the privilege of teaming with my sisters
to take on that spitfire Hayley Hailstone and the twins. Hayley, I’ve heard a lot about you and now I
look forward to wrestling you in my last match. Raquel was right; during a time where lady
wrestlers were overlooked as eye candy or filler for matches, we shattered the
ceiling and ladies like myself, Raquel and Southern Belle paved the way for the
fantastic talent that fills today’s roster – Maxine, Korbi, Violet, Hayley, and
the current champion Catalina – we pass the torch to you. We know that the future of Ladies Wrestling
is safe in your collective hands. Treat
the history with respect but make sure you carve out chapters for each of
you. You all have great stories to tell
and your time is far from over. Have fun
with it. Thank you to my family – Brea
and Nikki, to my fellow wrestlers and you the fans. Thank you for your support over the
years. It was an honor to wrestle in
front of you. My final ask…pick your favorites
– good or evil and support them. We do
this for you. Thank you.” Taylor leaves the stage arm in arm with
Raquel and they go to the back.
Max McGillicutty
comes out. “Our final inductees teamed
with this man as well as feuded with him.
Inducting the last two members of the 2020 hall of fame…Davis
Hoffmeister.” Davis comes out but he is
dressed as the Stache. The fans and
wrestlers are on their feet applauding.
“I started my career as a member of the Desperados as the Stache. As I stepped aside to pursue a singles
career, another man stepped up to not just take my place but to excel in the
sport.” Stache removes his mask to
reveal Davis. “Tonight, I am honored to
induct the Desperados – El Chango and Leon Teremoto.” The audience stands up and applaud as El
Chango and Leon Teremoto come out. They
both hug Davis as he presents them with their hall of fame rings. Leon starts off. “The Stache set the bar high
as a member of the Desperados. When I
first started, I wasn’t sure I could live up to the reputation he and El Chango
crafted. That was like taking the Legion
of Doom and removing a core member and wondering if it would work. I’m proud to say that even though I held
singles titles, teaming with El Chango and winning the Tag Team titles was the
highlight of my career. I couldn’t have
asked for a better tag partner nor a man who paved the way to make us a
successful team (points at Davis). Echoing
what all my fellow inductees have said, you the fans made us. HCW has the greatest fans in the world and
you made it easy for us to entertain.
For that, I thank you.” Leon
steps aside and El Chango gets his time.
“Someone once asked me, who was a better tag partner – Stache or
Leon. My response was that even though
we were called the Desperados both times, we were not the same team. My teaming with Stache or with Leon were
unique opportunities and it is not a proper compare. Tonight, Leon and I join the hall of fame
ranks as the Desperados. We bled, sweat
and dropped tears for you and your continued support of us allowed us to keep
going along. I want to thank HCW for all
they’ve done allowing us to go out with our heads held high and safe in our
thoughts we accomplished exactly what we wanted in this sport – no
regrets. Thank you to one and all for
your support. To the future of HCW,
give 100% and the fans will support you.
We had our time and now, the stage is yours. Thank you all.” The fans once again popped.
Axe, Taylor Bella
and Magnum Kone all came back out and joined El Chango and Leon Teremoto on
stage. The fans and wrestlers gave them
all a standing ovation. They
congratulated each other and stayed on stage until the cameras ceased rolling.
Thanks for
reading. Our PPV is up next. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment