Wednesday, June 10, 2026

HCW Wrestling Newsletter 2026 #1244 – 06/10 – HCW After Dark

 



Hello wrestling fans and welcome back to another installment of the HCW Wrestling Newsletter.

I'm Walter Pressman, and over the next hour we're going to break down one of the most important weekends HCW has produced in quite some time.

 

A championship changed hands.

Two major title matches were set.

Several new stars emerged.

 

And perhaps most importantly, a handful of competitors revealed exactly who they are when pressure is at its highest.

 

Now, I want to begin tonight with something that I think many people are getting wrong.

Because all weekend long I've been hearing the same statement.

 

"Terrible Herse beat Jax Brenner."

That's true.

 

But I don't think it's the whole truth.

Let's talk about it.


 

For months, the Hardcore Championship belonged to Jax Brenner.

Not because management handed it to him.

Not because he hid behind stipulations.

Not because he avoided challenges.

It belonged to him because he defended it.

 

Over and over again.

When somebody wanted a fight, Jax accepted.

When somebody wanted a title match, Jax accepted.

When somebody wanted violence, Jax accepted.

 

Eventually a champion becomes identified with a championship.

And that's exactly what happened.

 

The Hardcore Championship became Jax Brenner.

Jax Brenner became the Hardcore Championship.

 

Then Terrible Herse arrived.

Now here's where things get interesting.

 

I don't think Herse's greatest weapon is his size.

I don't think it's his power.

I don't even think it's his willingness to inflict punishment.

 

I think his greatest weapon is patience.

Everything about Terrible Herse is deliberate.

 

He walks slowly.

He talks slowly.

He rarely raises his voice.

He never appears emotional.

 

Because Terrible Herse doesn't want opponents angry.

He wants them distracted.

He wants them uncomfortable.

He wants them thinking about anything other than the fight in front of them.

And that's exactly what happened.

 

When The Yeti appeared on that screen, Jax Brenner stopped focusing on Terrible Herse.

Only for a few seconds.

But that's all it took.

 

A championship reign that lasted months ended in seconds.

And here's the scary part.

I don't think Terrible Herse would call that luck.

I think he'd call it part of the plan.

 

Because every word he spoke before the match pointed toward inevitability.

Not dominance.

Not superiority.

Inevitability.

 

He wasn't promising to overpower Jax.

He was promising that eventually something would happen.

And eventually it did.

 

That's why I believe Terrible Herse is more dangerous than many people realize.

Because he doesn't need perfection.

He only needs opportunity.

 

And when opportunity appears...

he never misses.


THE STORY EVERYONE IS MISSING

Now let's discuss something that most fans haven't been talking about.

 

Molly Mason.

No, I'm serious.

Stay with me.

 

One of the most important moments of the entire weekend happened before the main event ever started.

It happened backstage.

 

A conversation.

A wedding invitation.

A companion who wasn't sure he wanted to go.

And a woman trying to convince him that people deserve second chances.

 

At first glance it seemed harmless.

A character moment.

A little emotional depth.

Something completely separate from the championship match.

 

I don't think it was.

I think that conversation told us exactly where Jax Brenner's head was.

 

For the first time in months, he wasn't talking about championships.

He wasn't talking about contenders.

He wasn't talking about hardcore wrestling.

 

He was talking about family.

About history.

About wounds that never completely healed.

About people he still doesn't fully trust.

 

That's important.

Because champions are at their best when they're singularly focused.

Jax wasn't singularly focused.

He was carrying a title.

Preparing for Terrible Herse.

 

Thinking about Molly.

Thinking about Mean Jack Mason.

Thinking about the future.

 

Meanwhile Terrible Herse was thinking about exactly one thing.

Jax.

 

Sometimes championships are lost because somebody is better.

Sometimes they're lost because somebody is more focused.

 

I think this may have been the second one.


MATCH ANALYSIS
VALERIA VEX VS TWINKLE

Let's shift gears.

Because one of the biggest surprises of the weekend wasn't a title change.

 

It was a draw.

And I love this result.

 

Not because draws are always exciting.

Because they're not.

 

I love it because it helped everybody.

Think about what would've happened if Valeria Vex walked in and crushed Twinkle.

 

Valeria gains momentum.

Twinkle loses credibility.

Story over.

 

Instead we got something far more interesting.

 

Twinkle fought.

Twinkle survived.

Twinkle earned respect.

 

And Valeria Vex left angry.

Now that's a story.

 

Because the most fascinating thing about Valeria wasn't what she did during the match.

It was what she did afterward.

 

Nothing.

No celebration.

No acknowledgement.

No handshake.

No smile.

Just frustration.

 

The look on her face told us everything.

She expected victory.

Anything less was unacceptable.

 

That tells me we're dealing with somebody who may become obsessed with proving herself.

And obsession can be very dangerous.

Especially in professional wrestling.

 

As for Twinkle?

I think people have underestimated her for a long time.

 

The audience sees energy.

The audience sees enthusiasm.

The audience sees charisma.

 

This weekend they were reminded she can actually wrestle.

Very well.

 

I would not be shocked if management revisits this match.

In fact, I hope they do.

Because I don't think either woman believes the issue is settled.


THE KRUEGER QUESTION

Let's talk about Krueger Kruschev.

Because I have questions.

 

Not criticisms.

Questions.

 

The presentation was fantastic.

The video package was fantastic.

The entrance was fantastic.

The aura was fantastic.

Everything about Krueger screamed future monster.

 

Future main eventer.

Future problem.

 

Then the bell rang.

And something happened.

 

Muscles McGuire fought back.

Repeatedly.

 

In fact, there were moments where Muscles looked like the better wrestler.

Now before anyone gets upset, that's not a criticism of Krueger.

It's actually praise for Muscles.

 

Because sometimes losing well is almost as valuable as winning.

The audience expected Muscles to get steamrolled.

Instead he made Krueger work.

 

Then came the interference.

And this is where I become interested.

 

Why did Koloff interfere?

That's the question.

If Krueger is unstoppable, why interfere?

If Krueger is inevitable, why interfere?

If Krueger is the future, why interfere?

 

There are only two possibilities.

Either Koloff doesn't trust Krueger.

Or Koloff refuses to leave anything to chance.

 

Either answer is fascinating.

And both make me want to see more.


RISING STOCK

Let's take a moment for Rising Stock.

Three names.

 

Three people who left the weekend stronger than they entered it.

 

Number One:
The Stillwell Angel.

She lost.

And yet she may have gained more than some winners.

 

The audience believed in her.

Management believed in her.

And now she has another opportunity.

That's momentum.

 

Number Two:
Julius Squeezer.

We'll discuss him more later.

 

But thirty minutes with the World Champion changed everything.

People don't look at him the same way anymore.

And that's powerful.

 

Number Three:
The Aristocrats.

Not Avery.

Not Blair.

The team.

 

The Aristocrats.

Because now they feel real.

 

Not temporary.

Not convenient.

Real.

And that's important.


THE ARISTOCRATS

I want to stay here for a moment.

Because tag teams are difficult.

Far more difficult than people realize.

 

Two talented wrestlers do not automatically create a great team.

We've seen that fail countless times.

 

But Avery St. Claire and Blair Kensington already feel different.

Why?

Because they share an identity.

 

They know who they are.

They know what they represent.

They know how they want the audience to perceive them.

 

That creates cohesion.

That creates chemistry.

That creates staying power.

 

Then Leslie Grimes and Lavender Gooms attacked them.

Which honestly may have been the best thing that could've happened.

Because now the audience has a reason to care.

 

Now there's conflict.

Now there's investment.

Now there's anticipation.

 

That's how rivalries begin.

And judging by the reaction this weekend, this one may have legs.


AVERY ST. CLAIRE'S GAMBLE

Now let's discuss the Ladies World Championship.

Because Avery St. Claire did something very unusual.

She announced her cash-in.

 

I understand why.

I really do.

 

She wants legitimacy.

She wants credibility.

She wants nobody questioning how she won.

 

That's admirable.

But wrestling history is filled with people who confused confidence with invincibility.

 

The contract provides uncertainty.

Uncertainty is power.

 

Avery voluntarily gave that away.

Now Luciana Albano has time.

 

Time to prepare.

Time to train.

Time to strategize.

Time to obsess.

That's dangerous.

Very dangerous.

 

And Luciana doesn't strike me as somebody who wastes opportunities.

 

What fascinates me is that neither woman appears intimidated.

Avery genuinely believes she's ready.

Luciana genuinely believes Avery isn't.

 

Somebody is wrong.

And we're going to find out who very soon.


MATCH OF THE WEEKEND

For me, there is no debate.

 

The match of the weekend was Zack Brown versus Julius Squeezer.

Not because it was flashy.

Not because it was controversial.

Not because a title changed hands.

 

Because it felt important.

 

Every minute felt important.

Every near fall felt important.

Every counter felt important.

 

You could feel the audience realizing something.

They were watching Julius rise.

 

Not gradually.

Immediately.

 

By the end of that match nobody was saying:

"Julius is good."

 

They were saying:

"Julius belongs."

 

That's a completely different conversation.

 

And then Zack Brown did something that very few champions ever do.

He endorsed his challenger.

Think about that.

 

Champions usually create obstacles.

Zack removed one.

Why?

 

Because he believes in merit.

Because he believes Julius earned it.

Because he believes championships should be defended against the best available competition.

 

That tells me everything I need to know about Zack Brown.

And it also tells me something else.

 

Zack Brown may have just created the most dangerous challenge of his reign.

Because now Julius doesn't merely have momentum.

 

He has belief.

His own.

The audience's.

And the champion's.

 

That's a powerful combination.


FALLING STOCK

A quick look at Falling Stock.

Not because these people are doomed.

Far from it.

 

But because they leave this weekend with questions.

Bishop Ripley.

A count-out loss is still a loss.

 

Luna Shadow.

She was robbed.

But robbed or not, the loss goes into the standings.

 

And finally...

Jax Brenner.

Not because he lost.

Because of what the loss revealed.

 

For the first time in a very long time, Jax looked vulnerable.

Not physically.

Mentally.

 

And until he solves that problem, Terrible Herse may remain champion.


LOOKING AHEAD

As we close tonight's program, there are five stories I'll be watching closely.

 

Can Terrible Herse survive long enough to reach Reign of Champions?

Can Jax Brenner keep his promise and reclaim what he lost?

Can Avery St. Claire justify announcing her cash-in?

Can Luciana Albano prove she belongs atop the division?

And can Julius Squeezer do what thirty minutes could not?

Can he defeat Zack Brown?

 

Those aren't small questions.

Those are season-defining questions.

 

And the answers will shape the rest of 2026.

I'm Walter Pressman.

Thank you for joining me for another edition of HCW After Dark.

 

We'll see you next time.

Good night, wrestling fans.



No comments:

Post a Comment