Hello
fans and welcome back to our newsletter.
Tonight, we have our HCW Hall of Fame Ceremony coming to you live from
Colorado Springs, CO – the one time home of the CSWA. Reporters Clarkus Kentus and Larry Morton
are mingling with fans as well as quite a few names who have turned out for
tonight’s celebration. We are also told
that the HCW Class of 2016 inductees are provided with a wrestling belt replica.
(as opposed to a gaudy ring – who wants that?)
Tonight’s
tag line is: “Kings come and go but
Legends are forever.”
1st: The Super Warrior
inducted by Mohammed Hassan
Mohammed
Hassan makes his way out to nice applause from the crowd. “There are a lot of you out there who don’t
know me. My impact on the world outside of the HWF and CSWA was minimal but
inside, I had it all. I was a multi-time
World champion and at one point, the Triple Crown champion (holding HWF World,
CSWA World and the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship) but all that came
crashing down because of one man…and that is the man I’m here tonight to induct
into the HCW Hall of Fame. To most, the
Super Warrior was a knockoff of the man he idolized – the Ultimate
Warrior. He claimed to live and breathe
by the Warrior code and I will tell you, he was a HELL of a wrestler. I don’t think that during my time in the HWF
and CSWA that I encountered a man who would upset the apple cart quite like he
did. He challenged the status quo. Never
could I expect that this man would turn out to be an icon – a role model for
many – kids and adults alike. He would
say ‘Warriors Believe’ and ‘believe’ me when I say it is my HONOR to introduce
to you…Hall of Famer The Super Warrior.”
“Hear
me, my Warriors! (pop from
the crowd) As you all know, Warriors are truly defined by the wars in
which they FIGHT! None of the wars in which I have fought were greater
than those I fought against Mohammed Hassan. We have
been the bitterest of enemies at times in the past but one thing that cannot be
denied is that he has earned my respect as a Warrior in his own right and I am
honored to be inducted into the Hall OF Fame by him this evening!
My
time in the HWF and CSWA has brought me many highlights in my long career. I’ve been a multiple-time TV champion, I’ve
been a tag team champion on 2 different occasions and a World Champion
defeating the man who inducts me here tonight.
I am proud to have contributed to the world of the HWF and CSWA and
thank all those who made my journey that much more memorable – Chris Benoit,
The Rock, Shelton Benjamin and Mohammed Hassan.
From
the moment that I was unleashed upon the world of professional wrestling I have
fought a war to carry on the legacy of He Who Came Before Me, the Ultimate Warrior!
The Ultimate One inspired legions of fans to take up the Warrior Way of
Life! There is a Warrior within us all and I like to think that I have
done my part to awaken that Warrior spirit within many of you that are watching
tonight! It has been my extreme honor to carry on the tradition of this,
started by the Ultimate Warrior himself and now I take my place among the
Immortals in the Hall Of Fame with the hope that somewhere out there, there is
a young Warrior who has been inspired by me, just as I was by him, with
the power and the passion to take up the colors, paint up his or
her face and follow the Path of the Warrior to glory just as I did!
Are you out there little Warrior? SPEAK TO ME!” . Hassan shakes hands with
the Super Warrior, hands him his belt and then they leave.
2nd: MW3 inducted by ‘The
American Badass’ the Undertaker
Silence
reverberates across the hall. Suddenly,
the words “I am American Bad Ass!” by Kid Rock fill the air along with the rest
of the song. The sound of a Harley
Davidson fills the air and from the entrance of the Hall rides the Dead Man
Himself, The Undertaker. And he is
dressed as he was in his American Bad Ass days. Jeans, t-shirt, denim vest and
bandanna. He does a couple of laps
around the audience to a thunderous applause and parks his bike and walks to
the stage. He motions for silence, and
speaks.
“Thank
you fans, friends, management and distinguished inductees. Tonight is a celebration of greatness, on a
smaller stage though it may be, greatness nonetheless. I can remember my first run in with MW3. It was backstage at a house show in Colorado
Springs, nearly 17 years ago. He was
fresh out of school and of a stint somewhere out east before being called by
his mentor, the great Mr. Wrestling 2, to get his butt to Colorado and report
to work in the HWF. Man, was this kid
green. Walking around in the back, and
yes, whether he wants to admit it or not, he marked out a little bit, seeing
all of the talent he admired.
Yes,
he marked out. And there is nothing
wrong with that. You have to be a fan of
the business to do this as long as we have.
You have to mark out at the talents like Flair, Rock, Austin, Hogan and Yours
Truly. In fact, I think I was the first
guy he walked up to. I remember he was
nervous, and he told me, ‘Taker, it’s an honor to meet you. I know you don’t know me at all, but I’m Mr.
Wrestling 3, and one day, I’m gonna headline a PPV with you.” Now I was at a table with Kane, Show, Hall
and Malenko. And a couple of those guys
laughed at the new kid. The only guy who
didn’t laugh was Malenko, and me of course.
I just looked at him and said, “Boy, there are men here who’ve waited
years to get a chance just to wait for that.
Get in line.” I think I might
have pissed him off a little and lit that fire in him.
Malenko
didn’t laugh either, “You got a hell of a pair on you to say that. I admire that kind of spirit. If you’re serious, I’ll work with you kid.” And Malenko did. Day after day that kid took all that Malenko
dished out and came back for more. In
that time, he worked his way up to the mid card, earing respect for his ability
and professionalism in the ring. I can
remember when he was asked to put over a new kid called El Santo Jr, and not
only did he, but that match was one of the best I’d seen in a long time. And he did it with a smile, though it cost
him a shot at the TV Title, and buried himself on the card for an extra 6
months. Then, after a long wait and
fight back to the mid card, and then it was time for him to move up. And recalling what he said to me the day he
arrived, I asked for this kid to be put in a promo with me. A short one that ended up being a lot longer
than either of us expected.
As
I recall….it was something about “crapping in my yard….”
We
had some of the most brutal matches - Coal Miners Glove, Ladder, Scaffolding,
Pier 6 Brawls - you name it. This kid,
just 3 years in the game, going toe-to-toe with me. We beat the holy hell out of one another…until
we ended our feud, and I stood victorious.
And after all that, I stood that boy up in the ring, raised his hand in
respect, and left behind me a man. I
could go on and on, but I think that I’ll just introduce him and say to the kid
who marked out, who told me one day we’d headline a PPV together – but who
missed that not only that we’d be great rivals, but great friends - Mr.
Wrestling 3. MW3.
Out
comes MW3 and he and Taker stand in a face off.
MW3 extends his hand, and Taker shakes it off, instead giving MW3 a
brotherly hug. Both men laugh and wave
and pose for a few pics before Taker hands him his belt, points to the podium
and says “Get yer ass up there boy and say something.”
Chants
of MW3 fill the air and he takes it in for a few moments before motioning for
silence. “Thank you friends, family,
management and fellow inductees, and most of all, you the Fans. Thanks for coming tonight. 17 years ago, I’d never though that a kid
from Chicago who traveled to Georgia to meet his favorite wrestler would be
here today. It’s been a long road. Sometimes smooth, but most of the time, full
of bumps, bruises, blood and tears. I
have just a few people to thank, so I’m going to try to be brief.
Wrestling
2. The best. My mentor and namesake. You treated this kid with so much
respect. You gave me a career. A LIFE.
Training day in and out with you and Wrestling 1. Teaching me the business. Getting me my first shot in Mid-South,
against Moondog Spot - I lost that night, but it was hella fun. Spot was a great guy to have a first match
with. I spent a year there jobbing and
learning. Met Harley Race, who told me
that you could say anything to anyone, as long as you showed them the proper
respect. Then onto Georgia where I had a
very physical match with Iron Mike Sharpe who put me over for my first
professional win on TV. He was slated to
win that night you know, but Mike was a hell of a guy and I pinned him. After a 6 weeks of GCW, 2 called me and said
that I was going to Colorado Springs…there was new fed there, looking for new
talent. So I packed up and took the
train to St. Louis and then the bus to Colorado Springs in the middle of a
winter storm. 2 said that this was going
to be the place for me. That he had a
feeling I would be a champion. And he
was right, because in 2004, I became Cruiserweight Champion, beating a very
game Stevie Richards with 2’s patented knee lift. Thanks 2.
I’d never have had this life if it weren’t for you. He points to the audience, and an old man
wearing Wrestling 2’s mask stands and bows.
Dean
Malenko. My first day in HWF, I met
Malenko. Like Taker said, he took me in
and under his wing. He showed me life in
the show, and how to get by day to day.
How to nurse the nicks and dings you get. How to stay in shape, but he also taught me
how to refine my craft. Chain
wrestling. Not only how to make yourself
look good in the ring, but how to make your opponent look good too. Those times I was wrestling so technically
sharp, that was Dean. It was only
fitting that the first title I won was the Cruiserweight Title, a title Dean
and others made great. Thanks Dean, for
helping me grow up in this business. For
making me a wrestlers, wrestler.
The
Undertaker. If you’ve seen our matches,
you know I owe this guy a lot. We we’re
gonna just have a short program where the kid gets a good match and gets
beat. But I wanted more time in the ring
with the Dead Man. I mean, a young guy
like me in with a living legend. So when
I ahem…improvised….me ‘crapping’ in Takers yard, well, he wasn’t too happy at
first, but I explained that I’d have said anything to get another match with
him, regardless of how bad I’d get beat.
And it went that I got that incredible SuperKick, with props to the assist
of a steel chair, that gave me a win over the Undertaker, and kicked off the
yearlong feud that would define all of 2003.
Man, we really burned down the houses in those places, didn’t we,
Taker? Thank you sir. For the matches, for the guidance and for the
blood, sweat and tears. I would have
considered a career with one match with you complete, and I got a whole year of
them.
Lastly
to the Fans. To those who booed me,
cheered me, and even threw a full cup of soda at me- THANK YOU.
You were never indifferent to me.
From my first match with Spot, to my first title win to my feud with Ric
Flair and Randy Orton. My first tag team
partner, The Big Show and our title reign.
And to my last title reign, as CSWA HW Champion, when I pinned Kurt
Angle- a legend himself. Thanks for the
match Kurt. As much as I may have
berated you, it was all for you, the fans.
When I was Spiking my opponents into submission, or Kneelifting them
into the rafters, or Superkicking them into the first row, seeing your faces
and hearing the accolades or jeers, it what we live for. It’s what I lived for. Thanks for making it happen for a poor kid
from Chi-town.” The Undertaker hands MW3
his belt and they leave the stage to a pop from the crowd.
3rd:
‘The Original Big Daddy’ Donnie B inducted by the
Nature Boy Ric Flair
Ric
Flair comes out. “WOOOOOOOOOOOO. You
know, it’s a good thing Super Warrior’s speech was short because WOOOO, MW3 can
talk like no other. WOOOO.” He lets the fans and patrons finish their own
wooing and then he starts up. “Tonight
is not about the Nature Boy but is about a man who for all intent and purposes,
created a wrestling brand unlike the mainstream has ever seen. He took what was a random collection of
wrestlers and promoted a brand that evolved first into the HWF and CSWA and
now, into the HCW. Many of you are
wondering ‘Why is the Nature Boy inducting this guy?’ Let me tell you a story. It was back in the old territory days and the
Horsemen were stylin’ and profilin’ all over the south. We stopped in Houston for a show. Now this must have been the late 80’s or
something. We were in a cage match
taking on the likes of Dusty, Lex and others in a steel cage. Barry, Arn and Tully were already in the
ring. As my music hit, I made my way to
ringside. This ‘kid’ ran up and started
talking crap to ME, the Nature Boy.
Well, that of course didn’t sit well with me (at the time I was such a
heel) so I basically told him to shut his mouth and then added some choice
expletives. Needless to say, this kid
had no response other than ‘Same to you’.
(True Story) This kid would turn
out to be ‘The Original Big Daddy’ Donnie B.
I like to think that it was ME who drove the passion into creating a
medium that would span decades. It is my
honor to introduce to you the Original Big Daddy Donnie B!” Music hits and out comes Donnie B. He shakes hands with Ric and whispers
something that Flair laughs at. Ric hands Donnie B his title and then goes to
leave the stage. Donnie B makes his way
to the podium.
“25
some odd years ago, I discovered a tool called ‘Pro Wrestling Superstars – a
Promoter’s Dream’. This tool allowed me
to use wrestlers from all over the world and put on matches no one would ever
have thought of. This tool evolved into
the HWF (Humble Wrestling Federation) and that was the federation I owned and
ran matches in and around Humble, Texas (cheap pop). Eventually, a move would take me to Colorado
Springs, CO (huge pop from the crowd). I met up with people with similar
interests and with the help of part owner Jeff Meyers, the CSWA came to
life. Years later I found an updated
tool that would take Pro Wrestling Superstars to the next level. I discovered ‘PWS’ and all I can say is that
it made my life sooo much easier (Thanks Jowsterguy). I faced many of the same legends who are here
tonight from the Super Warrior, MW3, Mohammad Hassan, Classy Travis Wassie, and
numerous others in the last 15 years.
There were tons of great feuds that took place but the one that comes to
mind happens to be the long-standing feud I had with another person being
honored tonight – the Negronomicon. (The crowd boos. Donnie B smiles.) The two of us had feuds
over padding around the ring (which he sued me for), for ‘holding the black man
down’, and even up to his crashing of my wedding. It even got ridiculous enough that we had a
‘bling vs bling’ match if you can believe that. He had to be the greatest nemesis I had ever
faced.
My
first title was the Light Heavyweight title that I defeated Ultimo Dragon for
(points to him in the audience). I’ve
been a North American Champion, Cruiserweight champ, Tag team champ with my
nemesis, and World Champion defeating ‘Captain Charisma’ Christian (points to
him in the audience).
The
highlight of my career happened to coincide with our low point when The HWF and
CSWA closed its doors at the end of 2010 due to creative no longer working (aka
burned out). The highlight in my career was
that final show when I defeated the Undertaker to become the Undisputed
Heavyweight Champion. During that time
off, I had time to reflect and tour the world getting the opportunity to see
the great talent out there. In 2013,
creative had kicked back in (I found my smile) and the HWF and CSWA were
relaunched with new talent discovered such as the Axe, ‘The Elitist’ Reid
Rothchild, Master Bull and more.
Enhancements made to the PWS tool took the stress of figuring out
matches completely out and allowed creative to once again ‘run wild’.
This
year 2016, as you may have read in earlier newsletters, the HWF and CSWA ran
into a few legal snafus which forced those chapters to be closed for good. From those ashes rose the HCW. The HCW, run by GM extraordinaire Max
McGillicutty, has taken off and we haven’t looked back since. Wrestlers will come and go and the evolution
of the sport will continue and with such great talent we have on our roster
like the Stache, the Desperados, a fantastic Ladies division and…hell, I’ll
give him his due…King CJ. These
wrestlers are a fantastic breed and I can only hope to see great things from
the HCW. Special thanks go out to owner
in crime Jeff Meyers, Tony Graham, Wayne Tuttle and to all the performers who
have made our federation the place where everyone wants to be and lastly, to
our readers…thank you. This ride could
not have happened without you.” Donnie
B takes his title, once again shakes hands with Ric and then they leave the
stage.
4th: In
Memoriam: the Negronomicon inducted by Ron
Simmons
Ron
Simmons makes his way to the podium. He
stares around before exclaiming “DAMN!”
He pauses briefly before continuing.
“There are a HELL of a lot of you out there. Listen, I’ve been around this sport a long
time and I’ve never encountered a guy like the Negronomicon. I thought I blazed the way being the first
African-American World Champ but this guy made me look like a chump. The Negronomicon was a true trailblazer (not
to be confused with the Blue Blazer). He
made it so that no one would ever have to be held back again based on Race,
Creed or Intelligence. A quick story you
may not know. Before he got started in
the world of professional wrestling, he was watching wrestling on TV with his
woman. As the show dragged on, she
turned to him and asked if he knew of the ‘Necronomicon’ (aka the Book of the
Dead from ‘Army of Darkness’). She said
that if he were to ever become a wrestler, he would be the Negronomicon. And that is when he was born.
Up
until the end, he was so invested in the wrestling world that he wanted to grow
the sport above and beyond the confines of the HWF and CSWA so he charted a
plane (cargo because he was so cheap) and it disappeared into the Bermuda
Triangle. We will never know what this
man could accomplish had he survived but since he is no longer here, I am proud
to accept this title on his behalf.”
There
is a commotion and over the loudspeaker blares “From the desk of N” and then in
walks…the Negronomicon!!! WHAT THE
HELL!!!!
Negronomicon
walks over to the podium and looks over the sea of fans and wrestlers
alike. “IT HAS BEEN TOO MANY YEARS…(Negronomicon
has to yell over the booing from the fans.
Finally they settle down so he can continue)…far too many years since I
have graced this stage. To my complete
surprise, since my absence I was fully expected that this company would have
folded by know. Yet here it is. I see a lot of new faces; faces I have no
knowledge of and since they have not defeated me in the ring, I really won't
give them much play. It's not that I
don't think you could compete. Cause you
couldn't. But it's more of the distaste
I have for the new catchphrase seeking, no basics of wrestling knowing
wannabees, and above all white performers (not wrestlers) that are crawling
about here.
I
bet you were thinking “I thought this guy was dead and gone” but you know what,
for a moment I was. The plane I was on
did in fact disappear into the Bermuda Triangle. I was the only survivor. I thought I was going to go insane (he holds
up ‘Spaulding’ the basketball with a face drawn on it). Little did I know that just two short days
later, I would hear a commotion and would go to check it out. As the true detective I am (the hell with the
Bat), I scoped it out and found a group of people on the other side. I came to find out that this was the cast of
SURVIVOR. That’s right…a stupid reality
show allowed the Negronomicon to rejoin the land of the living. I’ve been laying low among the ignorant
masses who were none the wiser. Finally,
when I heard this sham was going on, I decided it was time for me to remind you
morons who I am. (Negronomicon kicks Spaulding into the
audience)
I
would like to thank Ron Simmons for the kinds words...he is a man's man. He knows what wresting is. And so I thank him. I want to thank Donnie B. I haven't seen him yet. Not surprised. But still I would like to thank him. Is he still wrestling? Does he know the difference between and
wrist-lock and a wristwatch yet? Don't
matter. No one cares.
Lastly…the
fans. Do you know what actual wrestling
is? Probably not. More interested in the pyro and shouting out
the typewritten applause lines. Probably
don't even remember that I am responsible for the padding on the floors that
have extended some of ya'lls sad ass careers.
You
know what? Thanks for this little
honor. Couldn't have happened to a nicer
guy. N Out” (drops the mic)
Negronomicon
takes his belt from Ron and they leave the stage.
That
is all we have for now. The PPV is up
next. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment