Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wrestling Newsletter Year 4 (2009)_9.1

Well, things are moving along at a much faster pace than I had expected. After the comments from the Negronomicon were posted, I tried to get with wrestlers in the NWWA and NO ONE wanted to go on the record. Everyone now seems to be in fear of losing their jobs. We know that Negronomicon fired Jeff Hardy as punishment for not winning the tag team titles but I secretly think that N didn’t care for his grooming habits either and was looking for another victim. This REGEIME (yes, I said it) is turning the wrestling world on its ear. This reporter was on his way to the next house show and as I pulled into the parking lot, I saw half a dozen wrestlers out on the street wearing sandwich boards advertising the evenings show. There were also wrestlers out there doing magic tricks trying to get people to buy tickets for the show. Mike Knox, Finley, Stevie Richards and Jay Lethal were out in their sandwich boards trying to direct people to the box office to buy tickets. The Hurricane was doing magic tricks for the kids hoping this would convince the parents to but tickets. Even Shawn Michaels and HHH were out on the street doing pantomime for the passer-byers. They looked the least happy but at least they were outside. Inside the building was a different story. John Cena, Kane, Sting and John Morrison were put to work helping set up the ring. Matt Hardy and Chris Daniels were mopping up messes from earlier. Christian probably had the worst task of all and that was cleaning the bathroom of Negronomicon’s office. It was pretty nasty. I think Tommy Dreamer and the Bruiser had it the easiest. They were in charge of helping set up the concession stands.

At the venue, a stretch limo pulled up and out came the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion the Negronomicon, the NWWA World Champ Jeff Jarrett, IC champion Carlito, TV champ Chris Masters, X-division Champ Santino and the Tag champs - the World’s Greatest tag team – Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. The Posse are in the building.

One announcement that Negronomicon made is that he doesn’t want Matt to sit around wallowing in self-pity so he put him back in tag competition with a new partner – Chris Daniels. A match has been made pitting the newly formed team of Hardy & Daniels against Sting and Finley. If Sting’s team wins, they retain their spot for the NWWA tag belts. If they lose, Hardy and Daniels get that spot.

Another match that has been made is putting Christian against John Cena to determine the #1 contender to Jarrett’s NWWA World title. I think Negronomicon is out to screw over Christian every chance he gets.

Shortly after the Posse arrived on the scene, a car pulled up with GM William Regal and owner Jeff Meyers in it. They got out and were discussing the possibility of people starting to jump ship to get away from the tyranny that is the Negronomicon. They headed backstage and were sure to steer clear of the Posse.

Negronomicon came out when the show started and addressed the fans “By now, I’m sure all of you had read my memo about not disrespecing me anymore.” This lead to plenty of “You Suck” and “Asshole” chants. N continued “If this is the way you want to play it, then fine.” He walked down to the ringside area where a fan was flipping him off. Immediately, N signaled for security and the fan was jumped, cuffed and hauled out. “There is the first example of the crap I will NOT take. Who’s next?” Another fan I believe who was friends with the poor chap that was taken away jumped the ringside barrier and got into N’s face. He didn’t get very far as more security were on hand to jump him, cuff him and take him away. “Let’s go for 3 shall we?” The fans started to become really quiet. Only one person, way up at the top, was still yelling at him. After the camera zoomed in on him, it was none other than…….Shawn Michaels. HHH was trying to pull Shawn away now that the spotlights were on him. Negronomicon addressed Shawn “Well, I thought you were supposed to be outside bringing more people in. Do you not have anything to do now? I’ll tell you what. You and HHH are now scheduled for a match. This will be a top contenders match for the NWWA tag team titles. You and HHH will take on the current #1 contenders Tommy Dreamer and the Bruiser. If you win that match, you will get a pass. If not, well, let’s just say if you want your job, I’d highly recommend you win your match. So without further ado, get your asses to the ring.”

The first match of the night began with Shawn and HHH making their way to the ring. Bruiser and Dreamer were already there. Just as the match began, Dreamer and the Bruiser took singapore canes to the heads of their opponents. Negronomcon told the ref NOT to ring the bell. The match continued with both HHH and Shawn a bloody mess. Dreamer connected with a DDT in the ring and the Bruiser came in and was able to secure the win for their team. As soon as thematch ended, Bruiser and Dreamer were told to leave the ring. They left in a hurry. As soon as they were out of the ring, the Posse came down and continued the beat down on DX. Out of nowhere, from the stands, a guy was running down. Wait….he’s wearing a mask…HELL….it’s MW3. MW3 got in the ring with a chair and immediately started swinging taking out Masters and Santino. Carlito bailed out of the ring as did Jarrett. He grabbed a mic “You know what Negronomicon, I am not a wrestler on your staff anymore but I’m not going to sit back and watch you belittle everything and everyone. You’re finished. “ He got out of the ring and started chasing the members of the Posse to the back. Just as they backed far enough up the ramp, he dropped the chair and took off through the crowd taunting them as he left.

The Posse continued to the back where they ran into Jeff Meyers and William Regal. “What are you two doing here?” N asked. “This is my show. I think you need to leave.” Regal started “ My good man, we are here to take what we want. Apparently, your staff is NOT happy with you and frankly want to leave.” “Oh, is that right?” N interjected. “We’ll see about that.” He stormed off with his buds in tow.

At the end of the show, Negronomicon called all the wrestlers down to the ring for a little speech. “I understand that some of you are not happy with the way I run this show. In fact, I’ve heard grumblings that a lot of you want to quit and go to work for the CSWA. Well, that’s just not going to happen. It has nothing to do with not giving the CSWA any more wrestlers. This is about ME. MY federation. Unless you are fired by me, you will not be able to quit. You will be stuck here doing what I tell you to do or I will make your lives a living HELL. You can take that to the bank. Now, get the HELL out of here.”

I see dark days ahead in the NWWA. Be cautious.

No comments:

Post a Comment