I'm sitting around thinking that I haven't watched wrestling lately because the show just wasn't worth watching. Then all of a sudden, the whole CM Punk thing goes off the charts. People will criticize me for this next comment but this just takes me back to the WWE Attitude Era and the one and only Stone Cold Steve Austin. He said what he wanted and didn't give a care to what anyone thought. I read the results weekly just in case I get the writing bug and want to jump back into this (as of now, still not ready yet). Punk has the same "IT" going for him that Austin and the Rock had back in the day.
Rock vs John Cena at Wrestlemania next year: I sure hope the title isn't on the line unless Rocky can make the commitment to come back to the square circle full time. This has the potential to be something great but the Rock should not win (if the title is on the line) as there would be no point. Just like letting Punk win the title and then (supposedly) leave the WWE with the title in tow.
Austin and one more match? If he has it at a Wrestlemania, I think I'd drop the $60 to get it. He was/is one of a kind.
There is also talk about next year's HOF. I read that someone asked good ol JR if he thought Chris Benoit would ever be inducted and in his opinion, it was no. Benoit's legacy (and an awesome one at that) was decimated by his final acts on this earth. For what was accomplished in the ring, does he deserve to be inducted? Hell Yes. Is the WWE (and current head honcho HHH) willing to take a risk to do this? Probably not. In all sports, there are HOF'ers that have done some horrible things (OJ) and was he kicked out of the Football HOF? I don't follow football enough to know for sure but somehow I doubt it. Time heals all wounds but will the one Benoit left behind ever fully heal?
No comments:
Post a Comment