Hi and welcome back. Picking up where I left off yesterday, Kurt Angle, the WCW champion was turning and burning through his opponents until he came across Chris Benoit. Benoit took the fight to the Olympic Hero and captured the World title. Angle got a rematch but wasn’t able to win the title back. This would become the beginning of Benoit’s domination in the sport. At the Evolution PPV (the second of the year), Cena wins the TV title by defeating Eddie Guerrero and ended up shaving him bald too. MW3 and the Undertaker begin what was almost a year long feud. Booker T becomes the man-servant for Sting. Kurt Angle, who moved to the WWF in exchange for the Rock, takes the World title from Hogan. The PPV also saw a new Unified Champion crowned when the ECW world Champion Kane relieved Hogan of that title.
We then disappeared for 4 months. The reason given is that the jackass that was in charge of running ECW (in the game, not real life) filed an injunction to prevent any matches from happening. In reality, I just got so busy with life that I didn’t make time for the game. Just as that one was wrapping up, The Hawk decided he wanted control back of WCW (Jeff Meyers). He then filed an injunction (again, game related – Jeff would never have done this in “real” life) and that prevented any wrestlers under WCW from participating in any WWF angles. In both cases, Donnie B comes out on top (and why wouldn’t he – I created the darn game in its current form myself). In a shocking turn of events, the Hawk and the unmentioned jackass teamed up to take 51% of the WWF thereby forcing me out of the company. But before the ink could dry, I gave my shares to Wayne “Super Warrior” Tuttle and Anthony “Negronomicon” Graham. (editors note: Little did I know at the time that power would go to N’s head – but that’s a recap in a future update). A little wheeling and dealing on Donnie B’s part saw new lawsuits leveled against the WWF’s new leaders and not only did the Super Warrior and Negronomicon sue for misuse of their characters, so did most of the major names in all the federations. If Jackass and Meyers lost, they would be broke. Donnie B came back in with his proposal to nullify all the lawsuits, take back 52% controlling interest in all federations. Meyers and Jackass were left with 24% but little did I know (actually I did) that SW and N both had separate lawsuits against them and took their share. Eventually, Donnie B gets back everything but it was a long drawn out process.
Stay tuned….
No comments:
Post a Comment